The FDMS Endowment Foundation offers many ways to support the Father Dueñas Memorial School causes you care most about. No matter the amount of the gift you make, we have a giving option available to best support your passion to help advance Father Duenas Memorial School.
Planned giving is a major gift that comes from the donor’s financial or estate planning. Gifts could come from appreciated securities or stock, real estate, a retirement plan or even cash – but they are generally made from outside of one’s discretionary income. Some donors are in a position to make the gift (or multiple gifts) during their lifetime, but many make the gift as a bequest in their will. Planned gifts can offer many benefits to the donor, including tax benefits or the potential for returned income. Please click on the following links to learn more.
So what is an Endowment?
An Endowment is an established fund made up of cash, securities or other types of assets set aside for perpetuity to provide long-term funding for FDMS and managed by the FD Endowment Foundation, a 501(c)3, non-profit organization.
Types of endowment funds and gifts:
- Unrestricted Endowments – can be used in any way the recipient opts for to carry out its mission. The FD Endowment Foundation may choose to invest funds to allow value growth that will increase assets and any investment returns used to fund identified projects. The Foundation has an Investment Policy to guide it’s fund management.
- Restricted Endowments – Ristricted by the donor to serve any number of purposes, including for specific projects or objectives and may also include named scholarships.
- Bequests – Wills and Living Trusts
- Retirement Plans: IRA’s, 401(k), Others
- Life Insurance
These are gifts offered by an individual, corporation, or foundation and include the following:
- Cash, Cash equivalent and/or a written Cash Pledge paid over time
- Mutual Funds
- Real Estate (Fee Simple)
The Father Dueñas Memorial School (FDMS) Endowment Foundation is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization created to support the school in perpetuity through wise investments and management of received funds and/or endowments.
P.O. Box FD Hagatña, Guam 96932
(671)735-3379 | Mobile: (671) 483-1904